
To be a friend is someone who is going to love you and accept you unconditionally. A person you know you can depend on through thick and thin. It's amazing to me what I considered to be friendship to what i know now to actually mean to be a friend and have a true friend.
I don't look to have many friends as I know that to find a true friend takes time and dedication and I would like to give each on of my friends that time and attention. I cannot imagine a life full of people I would call friends just to say I had them. I know that in my select group of friends, I have friends for life. Friends who love me and will be there for me through thick and thin.

I feel the friendship should be a complete selfless act of love that you exchange w/another person. Finding commonalities and exploring life together. It's picking one up when they are feeling down and admitting when one is feeling down to have the other pick them up. It's not about material gain or social status, it's about love. I love my friends, even they are few. I love them because they know me for who I was, who I am and who I want to be. They accept me as I accept them, in love.
"Friends always show their love. What are brothers for if not to share troubles?"- Proverbs 17:17
"Some friendships do not last, but some friends are more loyal than brothers."
- Proverbs 18:24
"Forsake not an old friend; for the new is not comparable to him: a new friend is as new wine; when it is old, thou shall drink it with pleasure."
- Sirach 9:10
"An honest answer is the sign of true friendship."
- Proverbs 24:26




No comments:
Post a Comment