Saturday, April 18, 2009

Reality Check



I remember as a kid, picking up dandelions that had converted into puffy little flowers and blowing them into the Spring air.....I would do this of course, prior to making my wish. As we all know we can make wishes on many things (shooting stars and birthday candles to name a few) but this one as a young kid was by far the most alluring.

Now that I have grown up I see that there is no such thing as a "wish" and that now I see it as a prayer given to our Father. I may wish certain things would occur in my life (or not occur for that matter), but all in all once I recognize that God's will is what needs to happen, then it doesn't seem that unfair.

I used to live in a fantasy world where I figured I was in control. That I set the rules and I broke the rules as I wished....not so much. I was NEVER in control except in control of my own selfish will to do wrong and to sin at my heart's content. The reality of it all is that God is in control and it is imperative we seek His will in our lives so that we are balanced and humbled.




If we seen the good in our lives and within ourselves. If we love others and love God with all our hearts then we just can't go wrong. I am but a weak, selfish, measly, sinful creature but when infused with God's love and grace....I am His child, I am loved and I am strengthened in His Love for me. How can my heart and soul NOT rejoice at this thought. How can I not give God thanksgiving for all the things He has given me AND taken away??

It baffles my mind to think that we are humans can be so selfish and ignorant to think that WE know is best for us. We have not a clue. What we do have that is truly ours, is our will. And that will that God has given me out of love, I give back to Him out of love because He knows what my soul needs to be saved and to be reunited with Him for all eternity.

And in the end, when this world ends, because it will.....what will really matter is just that...the state of our souls and where they will spend eternity. That to me, is my reality.

Maria :)

No comments: