
This whole week I have been tested. My patience mainly. There are things that I wanted to do that just have not occurred in the way I wanted them to happen. I have learned over time that to attain a virtue, one must be faced with the opposite of the virtue.
Therefore, we cannot expect to receive the virtue of patience merely by asking for it. We attain it by being tested with those things that will bring about that specific virtue. Which in my case is patience!
I know that God's will is what needs to prevail in my life so that His will be done in me. I know nothing of God's "master" plan for me. But I DO know that whatever it is He feels I need to happen in my life is what He knows to be best for me. I will not complain about things not going my way as I know that I am to be patient as God is patient with me. Because Love is God and God is Love and in His love and mercy He shows me his infinite goodness. Even in the time I am the most confused by what goes on in my life, I KNOW that God has it under control.

Trust is by far one of the hardest things to do with people, situations and with God. But I trust in my Lord, I trust in Him who is good and right. How can I not? I have seen the power of His love work miracles in my life and I will attest to this for the rest of my days.
Patience is something I need to perfect. This week has been a training camp ground for me. :) But I know when all is said and done, and when I look at the outcome of these trials, I will see a plan unfold so perfect that it could not have been devised by any one other than our Father, our God.
Maria :)




No comments:
Post a Comment