Monday, April 27, 2009

St. Thomas More



I had to take my car to get serviced today. It was a five hour ordeal so I made sure to take some books with me to of course pass the time. I just so happened to pick up my book by St. Thomas More The Last Four Things. What an amazing book indeed. It basically covers the last four things to keep in mind as we live our lives. Those being death, judgement, pain and joy. I made it fifty pages in and was completely consumed as I read every page!

It was also very eye opening. I really started to think about life. How short it really is and what truly matters in our lives. The importance of how we live our lives and how we carry ourselves. We preoccupy ourselves with such ridiculous issues. We get angry, envious, and upset with things that should not matter whatsoever. Yet we do. We forget that our lives are on a spiritual realm. That there is a very real possibility that we may at die at any given point in time.




I read more about St. Thomas More when I got home and looked him up as I have become an instant fan of his witty writing. He is so easy to understand and just so absolutely logical in thinking. I would quote so many things from this book but they are too many as everything he was saying touching something that I could apply to my own life.

It just really was a wake up call for me. I have been feeling on the verge of lukewarmness lately. Almost on autopilot yet when reading this book I got the "jolt" I needed. Now I just need to fuel that spark. The last thing I want to EVER become is complacent in my knowledge of what God wants us to do while we live here on Earth. So it' s back to the drawing board ;)

Maria :)

No comments: