Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Restless Heart



“Let nothing disturb thee; Let nothing dismay thee; All thing pass; God never changes. Patience attains All that it strives for. He who has God Finds he lacks nothing:God alone suffices.” St. Teresa De Avila


There is a reason why I find this quote to be one of my absolute favorites. Today I kept thinking about this very quote over and over again. Especially where she says "God alone suffices". What is it about that one part of the quote that is so incredibly hard for us to truly comprehend?

Why do I NOT trust continually in the Lord? I KNOW deep within that God loves me, that ANYTHING he brings into my life whether it be difficult or easy is all part of his plan for me and it's all out of Love. I am just trying to figure out what I need to do right now. I know what my heart is telling me and I listen to what my mind is telling me and they just don't want to agree!!!! Which one is the right choice? God gave us intellect to think things through yet He fills my heart with such love that it makes it hard for me to think! Do I follow my heart? or do I follow my brain? Which one is God telling me to use right now? because they just don't match and they are equally as convincing.

Today has been a tough day, I will not lie. But,I am so blessed to have a few very good friends that I can let my guard down with and be at my most vulnerable state ever. I am thankful to God that I have these individuals in my life at this precise moment to illuminate me and pray for me. I love them so very much and God puts that love right there before me in form of friendships to help me through. I have NO doubts about that. But even with this, I am still at a crossroads as they are not able to make decisions for me and ultimately I must decide.




I pray God illuminates my heart, the the Blessed Virgin Mary carry me through the night as I think about this. I know what I have to do, I just can't figure out why I don't execute that decision....this my friends, is the dilemma as ridiculous as it may seem.

“Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.” -Pope John Paul II




Pax
Maria :)

No comments: