
I very recently started to go to my parish to attend Adoration. I have to say, it is an amazing experience to sit there with the Blessed Sacrament, our Lord and Savior Jesus and just open my heart to Him. I found myself begging Him to just inundate my soul with love, forgiveness, mercy, compassion, clarity, and deep humility. I felt such an immense joy within my soul tonight just knowing that God was truly with me. I had such a revelation tonight as well. All of this time, I kept saying, "I just don't know what God's will is for me!" How wrong I truly was. I actually felt it deep within my heart what God is asking of me. Amazing. I am in awe of his grace, love and mercy towards us. I felt such a peace tonight that I just am still amazed by how wonderful God is. How much He loves us!!

A few years ago, a priest I absolutely respected and admired gave me some advice when I was telling him about my constant struggle to find God's will in my life. He told me to pray every day without ceasing that God would show me His will and then he added, "once you know His Will, be PREPARED to do it". And that is where I am tonight. i KNOW God's will, and have known for a long time but I kept finding distractions in people, events and situations. All of which deterred me from executing God's will in my life. I knew that doing God's will would be an enormous and personal step in my life yet out of pure cowardice, I veiled my eyes with things and people that are not permanent fixtures in my life. I tried to make them permanent but again, this was out of fear of having to face what I needed to do, what God calls me to do in this life.

I knelt there infront of our Savior tonight and I knew in my heart, like i have NEVER felt before a direct command to serve and to love in my full capacity. I have been blessed with so much goodness in my heart and yet i use it on those who do not want it. There are so many who need what I have and I realized that today. I have decided to accept and embrace my future and what God wants me to do. I truly believe that it is those things that cause the most fear in doing, that are true callings for us to depend and ask God for his strength to get through it. It's when you are looking into the mouth of a lion that you realize that it's all a mirage of sorts. You have to push through that initial fear and you will find that there was nothing to it. How much time I have wasted. My Lord, forgive me.

I look forward to going to Adoration for the rest of my life. I cannot fathom a life without God, without my faith, my religion, my family, and the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is not of this world we should focus, rather on the next. On our crowns and eternal salvation and of being able to be with God for all eternity, adoring him with all the angels and saints for his unmeasurable mercy on our souls. What love, what an amazing love we have at our disposal every single day from our Creator. Us, such measly creatures that we are, yet we are so loved beyond our imagination!! I can only hope and pray that in God's mercy and love I will find a way to do His will as perfectly as He deserves. I am at peace. Truly I am.
Maria :)




No comments:
Post a Comment