I've had quite the week, I must say. But even so, I have been able to maintain my focus on God-only because of His Grace. I have seen for myself that when I set my sights on Him that I cannot fail. I was speaking to a friend of mine today about how incredible it is that God sustains us in His Love and Mercy at all times. We were discussing how if we had to handle difficult situations on our own, completely alone that the concentration of despair in our souls would be so great that we would surely die. It may seem a bit dramatic but I believe this to be true. Think about it. If we were left to our own devices, our own incredibly small and closed minds to deal with situations that were out of our control with absolutely NO hope or faith, I truly think we would just go insane. I cannot fathom a life without God in it. I believe that hope carries us farther than anything else aside from faith of course.
We just tend to see only the things that are right in front of us and we lose sight of the fact that God sees the bigger picture. He sees ALL. Oh how foolish I have been in becoming so anxious over things when I know God takes care of me always in His Love. Once again, I have to refer back to my distrust. How easy it is to see the storm beating against my boat and wake Jesus up to only have Him tell me to "Peace! be still" followed by "Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?" . Why do I worry when I know Jesus is in my heart and soul? This is why I say, if I did not have God, I would be completely lost. So lost, that I would wither away and perish.
In prayer tonight, I realized that my inner peace has been disrupted by my own insecurity and distrust. I have so much work to do within myself. I am but a true disaster area but I know that even though I am imperfect that God continually wants me to be open to Him and so to bring His love to others. Although I had a hard week, I cannot just stop being me and stop loving others. I must press on and I will do just that only because God gives me the strength to continue forward. What an amazing thing it is to have a Creator who loves us so very much. I am truly blessed in every sense of the word. To God be the Glory now and forever.
Maria :)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment