
Ok, so this Saturday, God willing AND weather cooperating, I will be once again seeing Saturn through the telescope! I am but a very very (and I am serious here) amateur astronomer. ;) I have an 8" Dob that was given to me on my birthday a year ago. It was a generous and incredible gift from my brother who saw my love of the universe and it's treasures. At first, and unbeknown to me, you cannot really see anything as you see on the web through a telescope. So I was a little disheartened. BUT, with time and gaining more knowledge through my brother mainly, I came to realize what I was seeing and how amazing it was to have it right there in front of me.
When you look through the telescope, Saturn does not look as it does in the picture above, it's just a very small white ball w/a visibly small ring around it when seen through the scope. It's still amazing though. When your mind gets the whole "I'm seeing something in the universe that is light years away" then you just sit there in amazement at what your eyes are soaking in. I like looking through the binocs too because I like to trace out the constellations. I really LOVE being out there under the night sky. It's just breath taking to see so many stars out there and to think how little we are in comparison to the vast and enormous universe that we are floating in.
ths is what mine looks like....

I'm such a geek sometimes, but I don't care. I love the stars, the earth and just all of these gifts that we have been given by God to explore and to be in amazement in. It's even better when you have someone to share it with as far as the exploration of it all. I've been blessed to have friends (although very few) that share this love of nature and stars with me. I really can't complain. Life is good and that is because God is in it. ;)
Maria :)




No comments:
Post a Comment