I have to go through this Dale Carnegie training for work. It's basically on how to build effective and positive relationships with people overall but of course gearing it to the business world. I have to read this HUGE book :) along w/the training. So I figured, OK let's do this. So I started reading and much to my surprise it is really an awesome book! Just simply talks about how to approach people and how we need to think of others needs first to get what we need too. Anyway, I ran across this quote while I was reading that I just had to share:
"It is the individual who is not interested in his fellow men who has the greatest difficulties in life and provides the greatest injury to others. It is from among such individuals that all human failures spring" Afred Adler (Viennese psychologist)
How very very true. I always find that those who are unable or unwilling to be interested in the simple needs of others tend to have a tumultuous life themselves. It must be so hard to live in that kind of mind frame. Detached and set aside from the rest in a nice little secluded cubby hole where nothing and no one can touch you. It just has to be so lonely there. I try to understand how others can show no interest in others, and show concern or affection but I just can't justify it. Especially if they are Christian. I never understood how someone who loves God, understands that Jesus came to show us the way in LOVE, how still people can hate or feel nothing for others. I think it's a human thing as far as not wanting to care because it makes us vulnerable to getting hurt. But imagine if you put yourself out there and you realize it's worth it after all! That there are others who will care back!
But I know that God works His ways in others in His own timing, in His own way, in His own infinite wisdom. I cannot judge anyone all I can do is care for them just the same and hope that they too come to the same realization that I did many years ago. That Love is the answer and God calls us all to love one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Pax
Maria :)
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment