Sunday, June 7, 2009

All Aboard! Moving Along.......



It's funny how we sometimes just wait for things to happen and not lift a finger to MAKE it happen. I am guilty as charged. Today I realized that in my own mind I have fabricated a situation that I was sure would materialize if I were just patient. I was wrong. I admit it :) But in that realization I also found a sense of peace in knowing I no longer would continue on in this dream like state. That I need to act, move forward and see things for what they are.

I have been delaying on making a decision that I need to make for the past 8 years. I was waiting for all the pieces to fit to make that decision. Why do we wait for the "perfect" moment to do things? Why do we delay the decisions that are so important and find ways to procrastinate? Not all people do this, I know. But I do. ;)



My brother once gave me a very interesting piece of advice, something that has been in the back of my head for quite some time. and that was "get on the train and then look for your seat". In other words don't think about the seat you are going to sit in before you get on the train. The thing here is to DO IT..get on that train. If you don't then you will be left behind and that train will have left you there. In a very real way this made sense to me.

I need to get on my train. I need to move on. I'll worry about the seating once I'm on it. I know that God wants me to act. He wants me to just do something so He can work through me. I know that where I am at now is NOT the answer. I have been so incredibly blessed beyond belief these past few years and in I just feel that I need to do something through actions to show my gratitude for the gifts God has bestowed on me.

Life is good. Love is amazing. Inner Joy is precious. Knowing that God loves me is something that keeps me going day in and day out. I just need to move on. I need to get it together and with God's help and grace I KNOW I'll be fine.

Maria :)

No comments: