Monday, May 25, 2009

Gone Fishin'



Today I went fishing for the first time on a boat. WOW. It was a perfect day!! I usually hike around the lake I was fishing in so to see it's beauty from a boat was amazing. I absolutely loved fishing. At first I was afraid of how i would feel with catching fish and essentially killing them. But once I caught one that fear went away.

Sitting on the lake in a boat and concentrating on my fishing pole was so relaxing. Time just flew by and I thought of nothing that really mattered. I just sat there in peace. I love hobbies that create a sense of serenity within me. Fishing is one of those hobbies/sports. Wow.



It wasn't the ocean, but it was a very big lake indeed. It was the sound of the water and the glimmering waves that made me think of my beloved ocean. I have a new found respect for lakes. I cannot wait to get out there and kayak, canoe, and fish again!!

I had an incredibly great day. Thank God. Once again seeing nature in it's full splendor just makes me thank God and realize what an amazing planet God has given us to enjoy.

Maria :)

No comments: